• Powdercoated Valve Cover Kits FAQ
Professionally powdercoated valve cover kits are now available! In stock for:
Ford Focus (ZETEC) (2000-2004).
Ford Contour (ZETEC) (1996-1999, non-VCT).
Ford Focus (DURATEC) (2003-2011).
Audi b5 S4/RS4 (2.7TT) (1999-2002.5).
>Powdercoating is an electrostatic process that binds a powder to a metal surface, which is then heated at high temperature in an oven where it becomes free-flowing, providing a much stronger bond and tougher surface than paint.
>>>MORE COMPLETE INFORMATION <<< [Wiki link]
- Professionally prepped aluminum (or Magnesium, SVT) valve covers.
- Professional coatings done by JP Coatings.
- The kits come as a complete bolt-on option.
- No modification required.
- Bolts, grommets, spacers, gaskets, etc. are included in bolt-on kits.
- No core requirement on these.
- All covers have a possible 4-week or longer wait time for refinishing at our 3rd party coater. Sometimes, unforeseen problems DO arise, increasing lead time.
- Shipping time is NOT included in lead times listed.
- WARRANTY on powdercoat for 1 year.
Special vehicles (CORE requirement):
- SVT Ford Focus (2002-2004)
- Audi b5 S4/RS4
- Fee of $75 (per valve cover) assessed after purchase until return of your original cover is received. Core is 100% refunded upon receipt of original cover, shipped back at owner's expense.
- Core return must not be damaged and unuseable.
- We reserve the right to not honor and return your core if it doesn't meet standards. If in question, please send up a message via "Contact" and pictures so we may assess the issues, if any.